HDMI or High Definition Multimedia Interface now become the standard for audio/video display; no wonder that people are aiming for the best cable that will give more entertainment. That is where high-speed cables become an instant star. How to tell if hdmi is high speed or not? Let us see the difference between the standard one to high-speed hdmi.
There are two types of HDMI cable: standard and high-speed. Both of these cables are ideal for high-definition televisions. Lately, HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. broadcast that all cables will be tested to see if it is Standard or High Speed.
- Standard HDMI Cable—marked as Category 1 has a speed of 75 Mhz or 2.25 Gbps that is equivalent to a 720p/1080i signal.
- High Speed—or category 2 is very fast with its speed of 340 Mhz or up to 10.2Gbps, which is the highest bandwidth available. It can hold 1080p signals up to 25 feet and can accommodate the maximum resolution display nearly to cinema motors.
As you can notice, high-speed cables offer higher performance than the standard cable. Fortunately, in most stores today, Such as CMPLE, HDMI high-Speed cables are totally available. But, of course, you would like to make sure that the one you purchase is high-speed. Just by looking at the wire, without any logo or designator, it ‘s hard to tell if you have a high-speed cable or not. Even just by looking at the color depths of your television, it is hard to differentiate. So, how to tell if hdmi cable is high speed? Read the following key points:
- Check the term HDMI High Speed or Category 2 on the cable itself or the packaging. The high-Speed logo should be visible on the wire.
- To check the specifications of HDMI High-Speed Cable, you can download a copy of the specs or see if it is available on the packaging.
- Find the original advertisement
- A certified High-Speed cable should support mandatory HDMI features up to the maximum bandwidth. If there are signal interruptions and issues, the cable is not High Speed.
- Capable of highest bandwidth, can support 4k, 1080p, 3D has a dark color.
- See yourself the vendor’s compliance certificate. If a cable is tested and approved, a certificate showing the length and the nature of testing is issued.
It is a difficult task on how to tell if hdmi cable is high speed or not. But, with the key points given above, you can start seeing yourself if you bought the right one or you got fooled by diligent marketers. Knowing what you are purchasing will always be a rule of thumb. You can read the specifications and reviews of the cables beforehand. Check the wire with your eye and ask for certifications and the like.
HDMI High-Speed Cables are one of the core necessities in our homes. It eliminates the need for multiple cables behind our theater system. You just need to be wise and informative so that you would know how to tell if hdmi cable is high speed.
Some men think that the Earth is flat; others believe it is round. Whatever it is, let us go out of the box and face your flat-round dilemma. So you are looking for an answer which is better between a flat hdmi cable vs. round USB cable adapter? You are stuck between the advertisements saying that flat is better that round or vice versa. Well, cut your bewilderment as this article will provide all the answers to your question. All you need is just to keep reading.
Before choosing what is best between flat hdmi cable vs. round usb cable adapter, are you aware what is inside an HDMI? A certified HDMI cable has certain standards to pass before they can be out on the market. The major electronics manufacturers from time to time are updating the specifications of the cable to meet the progress of the technology. An HDMI cable has 19 different wires and shields inside. Nine carry digital video and audio data and the remaining wires transmit signals and power that synchronizes the video and audio. As a bundle, these cables with their function works together to give a high-definition video.
Moreover, it gives us an idea that whether a cable is round or flat, they just have the same wires inside performing with their function. They have the same picture and audio display; same purpose and use. The only difference that you can see, of course, is their shape. One is round; the other is flat. But, regardless the shape, there is no proven difference in quality between a flat hdmi cable vs. round usb cable adapter. We recommend you buy hdmi cables or usb adapters at Cmple.com as they offer the highest quality equipment.
Flat cables are totally out in the market, and you can now buy varieties of it. Unlike with the round cable instead of bundling the copper wires into a braid running in a tube, in a flat cable the copper runs in a thin foil making it so flat.
Let us now go to the point where a flat cable matters than the round wire. Here are the highlights why a flat cable is better than a round wire:
- Versatility—so flexible that you can easily bend it without putting too much effort. Most likely if you limited space, this is the best option. The flat cables because of its flexibility take up less space leaving more room for your other storage.
- Easy installation—because it is flexible, it is simpler to install along the walls. You can also conceal it at the rear of the baseboard better or put in under the carpet or rug without causing any bump.
- Convenient—easy to work with without the hassle.
To sum it up, if you are looking for convenience, easy installation and flexibility, your best choice would be a flat hdmi cable. But, who wouldn’t like those three, right? Still, round USB cable adapter works just fine, too. So, no big deal between flat hdmi cables vs. round usb cable adapter because both of them will provide you a theater feel entertainment at home.